Maybe you've made an error in an invoice and want to quickly get the correct one out to a customer by creating a new invoice. Perhaps you entered a supplier bill late last night and left it by your computer - come the morning, you enter it again.
A double-up of invoices or bills can result in very misleading figures.
A. Remove duplicate where the invoice or bill HAS NOT BEEN PAID
Simply head into Business Invoices / Bills and select the one you need to delete. At the top-right, you'll see invoice options - select 'Void'.
B. Remove duplicate where the invoice or bill HAS ALREADY BEEN PAID
- On your dashboard, click on the three little dots top-right of the bank account block and select 'Account Transactions'
- Find your transaction in the list - the Search function (top-right) will narrow the number of entries if needed
- Click on the box to the left of the transaction
- Just above those boxes, you'll see a button to 'Remove & Redo' - click on that*k
- You'll be asked to confirm
- Now follow the instructions in A above to void the duplicate invoice or bill
- The transaction going through the bank account still needs to be reconciled (we unreconciled it in step 4). Reconcile the transaction as normal by matching to the appropriate invoice.
* Remove & Redo won't remove the line item from Xero or your bank statement. It's just unreconciling the transaction so you can start again.
- This is a check to see if the number