If you have tax that you don't think you can pay when it is due, or you have overdue tax, then you can arrange a payment plan with Inland Revenue to get it paid. We encourage you to think about this ahead of the due date if possible, as it can make for a better outcome with the potential for reduced interest and late payment penalties. You can easily organise your own payment plan by logging into your My IR portal and navigating to the option "request an instalment arrangement".
Alternatively our friendly Support team are available to help set these up; you'll need to let us know:
1. The tax type that you would like under arrangement, for example, GST or Income Tax
2. The frequency of payments: would you prefer monthly, fortnightly or weekly?
3. How much would you like your repayments to be?
4. The start date of the payment plan, and
5. The reason that you need this payment arrangement as the IRD always note this on their file