The Beany team have worked in a very connected and collaborative way for a number of years. Here are some points you may like to consider.
- Work in the cloud – keep all your communications, file storage, contacts and tasks can be saved on the cloud in one secure location.
- Keep a good routine going at home - start and stop at set times and take breaks. Go for a walk in the garden, around the block, or hop on your bike for a quick daytime power exercise.
- Manage your children – take some time to explain how things are different and how you need to work from home. This is a great opportunity to show them good work habits, explain what you do, and how it contributes to the family.
- Learn how to run virtual meetings and use video conferencing – business life will never be the same again so why not use this as an opportunity to learn some new skills?
- Stay connected – working from home does not mean social isolation. Practice different ways of socialising from Google hangouts to hanging over the fence talking to your neighbours (from a safe distance).